★ My 2 Mini Dimples ★
Free Unicorn Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
ADVERTISEMENTS





title: Amazing Exfoliating and Detoxing benefits of Dry Skin Brushing
date: Monday, November 18, 2013
time : 5:30 PM



Amazing Exfoliating and Detoxing benefits of Dry Skin Brushing




I shall start with how I actually get to start Dry Skin Brushing first. Before I get diagnosed with hormonal imbalance, there was a period where I developed rashes on both side of my elbows, sometime on my legs too. That’s probably one of the signal to my health condition; hormonal imbalance. It was so itchy that I couldn’t stop scratching it and was so dry too. It was so bad that it left with darken and uneven of skin color especially on my back of the upper forearm near to elbow because that’s the area where rashes attacked most time. No cream or medication can ease that. But surprisingly the rashes gone very fast in weeks after I start on healthy diet and it never happened again. Amazing right, that’s the wonder of healthy diet can do to better health and skin. Ever since then I’m very interest in reading and finding out more on natural healing, healthy eating and natural detoxing for healthier self. So I have been doing some research and came across this dry skin brushing in one of the detox method articles I had read. So after finding some great information on dry brushing and implementing what I had learned. I should share this here and hope my girls can practice this natural way of promoting overall health and beauty.

Below are the summarizes of what I learnt about its benefits and technique from a few sources and how I implemented it in my daily life.

What is Dry Skin Brushing and Why I choose Dry Skin Brushing

Dry Skin Brushing is one of the simple and natural ways to detoxify, to remove body toxins through our pores, help shed the layers of dead skin and it also help with blood circulation (more of its benefit below). I was so tempted to give it a try to find out how it really can benefit me. I started Dry Skin Brushing few months back and I would said I LOVE dry skin brushing so much! It was also a simple beauty trick that only takes five minutes out of your day, costs only a few bucks for a one-time purchase of the bristle brush, and it can helps your body inside out? Although I am not sure if there is any scientific research done on dry skin brushing, however if I did not feel the difference then I wouldn’t be doing this every time before showering! There were days where I felt so lazy cause already too many things to do in my weekday’s routine after back from work. But for better health and skin, I make sure I try to do it. It is amazing! 

Before





Because of the different lighting so not easy to compare but I myself can see my skin is getting so much better; sun spot and age spot on my legs are lightened so much and my skin are much smoother.


AMAZING!

As for how it benefits health, I can’t really tell since I’m on healthier organic diet too. But I felt really great after the Dry Skin Brushing.

Why do dry skin brushing?

Everyone knows that our skin is our largest organ in the body and has a major role in detoxifying, just like our kidneys, liver and colon. It helps to eliminates that one-third of your body’s daily impurities and excrete toxins daily through the skin.

As we age, our bodies become less effective in shedding outer layers of dead skin cells. This build-up of dead skin can result in a thick and dry look, which is often common with more mature skin. Our skin can become clogged with dead skin cells. If this happens, toxins are unable to leave the body through sweating. It is a cheap and effective technique to keep the pores clear and the skin active to assist the body in supporting this elimination process, by removes the dead skin cells allowing toxins to leave the body through the skin during sweating. If your skin becomes inactive, its ability to remove excess toxins is impaired. This places extra stress on other organs and on your body in general.

Dry Skin Brushing not only improves the outward benefits with smoother skin, but also the inward benefits of an improved Lymph System. That’s why it is also known as Lymphatic Body Brushing, which provides us with a number of health benefits too.

Benefits of dry skin brushing
  1. Cleanse and stimulate the lymphatic system of our body.  Dry skin brushing is known to allows for better lymph drainage in the skin. The lymphatic system keeps the immune system healthy.  A human body when working smoothly, the lymph vessels (essentially little valves that are spread throughout the skin), will collect the waste materials from the skin. By dry brush our skin it helps move lymph fluid and allows it to eliminate toxins so that the lymph can be safely returned to the circulatory system.
  2. Stimulates circulation. The movement of the brush across also help the lymphatic system keeps blood moving. It will improve circulation and blood flow in the body. So it can deliver nutrients and oxygen to the tissues and organs keeping you healthy.
  3. Removes dead skin layers. Dry skin brushing also loosens and removes the dried, dead cells and other debris on the surface of the skin therefore it is amazing for cell renewal and so letting your body regenerate new, healthy skin cells. Improves skin texture. On a regular basis our skin is able to eliminate more than one pound of waste. If the skin has closed pores it will be clogged with millions of dead cells and these toxins can cause various skin conditions. However skin brushing helps to reduce this build up by opening up the skin pores. Makes the skin soft, tight, radiant and boosts elasticity. You will notice the new glow on your skin!
  4. Rejuvenates, stimulates and improve the function of our nervous system.  Stimulated nerves activate muscle fibers and improve muscle tone. This is particularly beneficial to people who have lost weight and are looking to tighten up sagging skin preventing premature ageing.
  5. Removes cellulite and tightens the skin by increasing the flow of blood which, in turn moves toxins and lessens the appearance of cellulite. Our bodies make a new top layer of skin every 24 hours – skin brushing removes the old top layer, allowing the clean new layer to come to the surface, resulting in softer, smoother skin and if you also take care of your diet and add omega 3.
  6. Strengthens the immune system. Dry skin brushing exfoliates the skin and strengthens the immune system.
  7. Stimulates the hormone and oil-producing glands, thus helping all of the body systems perform at peak efficiency. The skin is your body’s largest organ. When improperly maintained, the elimination duties of the skin are forced upon the kidneys. Chemical analysis of sweat shows that it has almost the same constituents as urine.  If the skin becomes inactive, its pores choke with millions of dead cells, uric acid and other impurities which will remain in the body putting extra stress on the liver and kidneys. People with big hips and thighs usually have low-grade bladder infections. Another sign of this is that the body gives off a distinct sickening odor. When the bladder and kidney are really sick, the calves are often swollen as well and the feet stink. So, give your kidneys a break—keep your skin clean and rejuvenated.
  8. Helps digestion. Because your body breathes and absorbs essential nutrients through your skin, regular dry brushing will leave your skin clear of excess debris so it’s free to absorb oxygen and other nutrients into your body and eliminate toxins. Oxygen ion levels are increased with air friction. This air friction is created during dry skin brushing
Best time to brush and how often

It is generally recommended to use dry brushing once or twice a day to literally supporting the body’s natural detoxification system. The best way to fit dry skin brushing into your daily routine is to do it in the morning before your shower. But for me I can only do it at night daily before showering as I’m always very rush in the morning.

Type of Brush to Choose

Use a natural bristled brush.  Avoid synthetic or nylon brushes or gloves as they’re too sharp, can actually produce toxins themselves and can damage the skin. I purchased my Body brush from Watson at only $7.50 if I didn’t remember wrongly. It generally comes in two way of use – ones that fit in the palm of your hands and also you can use the handle that come with it to extend it to help you reach the back of your body.
  

Before you start Dry Brushing
  • First thing make sure both your skin and the brush remains dry during this process. Do not wet yourself or the brush – this will stretch your skin and you will not get the same benefit.
  • It’s best to sit or stand on a towel or in your tub to collect any dead skin from exfoliation.
  • Avoid on broken or sensitive skin and take care to brush lightly over cellulite areas
The Proper Dry Skin Brushing Technique I following 


When I researching on Dry Skin Brushing, I found that there are many way of Dry Skin Brushing that peoples are doing. After days of reading I found this is then the proper technique (video below) and decided that it is right to follow this instead, based on lymphatic system and water sheds.  

I started the Dry Brushing by stimulate along from the jawline all the way down to the collar bone, from the body back all the way to the collar bone and from fingers and hands work my way toward the collar bone in gentle strokes. Follow by from the watershed (right above the breast, along the armpit) brushing toward the collar bone where it drain. Then work at the breast area toward the watershed and drain it. Then I will start from the left side of my body, work the way from feet and legs and work my way up toward and end at the watersheds. Do the same for right side. The sweep can be either short or long strokes, at least 3 strokes each, I do it 7 strokes each. The method I use is as shown below and the videos below



 

This girl who also follow the above Dry Skin Brushing


After Dry Brushing
  • Always shower after you dry brush to wash off the dead skin. I ensure I use natural, chemical free shower foam as I don’t want those chemical or toxin get into the clean open pores anymore
  • Pat dry my skin and I apply essential oil. I use natural jojoba oil to moisturize my skin.
  • Wash your body brush after use or at least once a week and allow it to dry completely before using again.
  • Keep a separate dry brush for every member of the family.

Labels: , , ,


Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comment(s):

Wanna say something to us on this entry? (Click here)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home