★ My 2 Mini Dimples ★
Free Unicorn Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
ADVERTISEMENTS





title: Battle with hormonal acnes: Change of lifestyle and dietary choice
date: Thursday, February 07, 2013
time : 5:27 PM


This is what I have been through for the past few months.
I have a terrible (to me is) outbreak of acnes for months…a very persistent and stubborn one, though salicylic peel done by Aesthetics doctor on a weekly basic do help greatly to make it heal faster but still there are stubborn one that refused to go and yet new one still appearing. Thanks god that I have this quick fit “acne real fit concealer” that still able to cover it pretty well.

Having stubborn and persisting acnes is abnormal; it must be due to some hormonal change that then I decided to go gynae to do a blood test. Yes, indeed I have hormonal imbalance, many reasons could cause the hormonal imbalance. Thank god that I found it early as hormonal imbalance will somehow affect health condition. Gynae suggested to either take birth control pill to balance the hormone (may be just a temporary solution) else will be a more nature way which is change of lifestyle and diet. Of course I choose the latter.

Told gynae about my lifestyle ever since no maid and also my eating habit and dietary choice; and my case could be due to
1) Lack of quality sleep of at least 7 hours.
Being a working mom who needs to take care of work, kids, meals and endless housechore is definitely very tough than those who don’t. Most difficult is everything just come together that has to be settled and done within a few hours, so dailyI only get  4 or 5 hours sleep.
---> I trying very hard to speed up everything to finish the housechore and settle the girl. Those really unable to finish, I will just leave it, nothing is more important than own health. Now everyday, I will sleep before 11.30pm and wake up at 6.30pm to at least get 7hours of quality sleep.

2) My eating habit and poor dietary choice are another cause for it.
A diet high in refined carbohydrates (white rice, puffy rice etc), processed (sweet,tibits, canned food, soda or beverage drinks, ready-packed meal) and toxic foods and low in fresh fruit and vegetables affects biochemical processes within the cells, contributes to hormonal imbalance, worsens digestion and interferes with the natural toxic elimination process. Extremely what I’ve been eating, cause most of my meals are settled from outside food and because of my huge appetite, I took in more of the above unhealthy foods, which the way they are processed and cooked (in high heat or long hour to retain the nutrients)are not consider healthy anymore already.

Even though I cook healthy diet (I really take care of the method to cook to retain the best amount of nutrients) for all meals or at least most of their meals but most of the time I never eat those foods that I cooked for my girls, caused it is not as tasty as outside food; I love laksa, mee lobong, mee suan, Nasi lemak,prata, cakes, ice-cream, prawn noodle all these which are strong taste but nutrition level is extremely low  Thiscan be an accumulative over years since young (I guess so) and that’s why I have been this skinny because as long as I still eating those rubbish foods, my system can never absorb the nutrients from fruits and some supplement that I took at the same time.

Contrary tothat, a healthy balance diet that consists of certain micro-nutrients (biotin,calcium, chromium, magnesium and selenium), whole foods and alkaline-forming foods can help reduce insulin resistance, strengthen immune system, and enhance toxic elimination hence help in hormonal imbalance.

Checked with a dietician about my concerns. Her advice for me is to go for a plant-based food diet (may be hard for me but can try to slowly convert) and drinking at least 2 litres of filtered or mineral water a day for effective daily cleansing and detoxifying. Then to slowly restore my body system and enhance toxic elimination through a program to help to balance the hormone.

Or well at least when comes to calories and portions of foods; moderate is the key, don’t stuff everything in just like me, this will make it worst. Make sure fat intake makes up no more than 20-30% of the total calories intake. Do not go below 40grams of carbohydrate per day.

- Consume the highest quality foods possible. Try to avoid environmental pollutants in your food
- Choose organically produced foods
- Can eat freshwater fish and seafood provided it is free of contamination & hormone growth as possible.
- Eat only very lean grass-fed organic meat
- Can eat all the sprouts, non-starchy vegetables.
- Fruit and sugary vegetables can be taken in moderation provided don’t suffer from candida overgrowth
- Make sure most of your food is alkaline forming
- Minimize grains and lequmes
- Avoid all diary products
- Avoid all processed, fabricated and refined foods
- Avoid caffeine
- At least70% of your food should be taken raw
- Minimizing Toxic foods, high glycemic index foods and food that contribute to Hormonal Imbalance

Argh…look so difficult for me L
---> But I have been trying to and, together with the nature and herbal supplement that were recommended to me. I see significant result at least on my skin condition. No more active acnes and new acnes purge out for the past 5days and all the scar flatten and lightened pretty quick than before, this is ever since I started all these supplements and a healthier diets a week+ago, which consist of organic food for all home-cooked meal; high amount of veggie and fruits, raw seed and nut.
Of course with daily plenty supply of filtered / mineral water. Totally no meat or poultry, only moderate amount of salmon or tuna as recommended because of the highly beneficial for their essential fatty acids, preferably in their raw form(sashimi). Except one meal with bffs outside, which I didn’t constraint the food. Else normal day at work, I always pick food from vegan food stall and all veggie from Yong Tau Fong stall. Or something like this which I buy from salad stall


So now I were still eating clean which means no sugar, no processed foods, no junk but with a lot of leafy greens, veggies, fruit, minimal wholegrains and lean protein from varied sources and I was still training regularly to get a better knowledge on healthy diet online and joining meetup and talk on plant-based food nutrition; Holistic Nutrition with Medicinal Plants and Herbs and so far this has been fantastic to me!   

My girls are eating with me on all these healthy foods for all meal we have at home, mainly organic and stored and served as fresh as possible. All home-cooked   

Garlic added in most home-cooked meal, I try to eat it raw and crushed as it is an excellent blood cleanser and also function as a powerful antibiotic.

Few shot of our meals, all organic and for mine are mainly veggies

Am looking at more plant-based diet recipe now so I won't get bored of the food.

Eating organic fruit and organic raw seeds as a snack. 
No more processed tibits or drink anymore.
Raw Seeds and Nuts are a wonderful source of digestible protein and are very rich in zinc and are a great sources of fatty acids. They contain lots of enzymes that are good for digestion and they are rich in minerals.

Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil



Each morning I drink a glass of pure water with one squeezed organic lemon followed by 2 tablespoons of extra virgin organic olive oil. This will strengthen the liver, stimulate it to purge itself and ensure it functions properly



Water
I ensure that I drink at least 2 litres of filtered or mineral water a day is mandatory for effective daily cleansing and detoxifying.
Water speed up the healing process and when several drops of lemon or cayenne pepper are added, the cleansing effect intensify. Large quantities of purified water will thoroughly cleanse kidneys, help discharge waste and prevent the formation of stones in kidneys. Water also makes the skin look toned and consistent, It moisturizes the skin and helps it look more vibrant and healthy.

I know that those natural herbal supplements had helped greatly on me….

WHY do we need supplementary vitamins and minerals for essential nutrition?
Thinking that eating healthily and consuming lots of alkaline foods and enzyme-rich raw foods would provide body with all vitamins and minerals it needs to fight health condition or diseases. Unfortunately, this is not the case from what I know from expert. You simply cannot depend on food alone to provide you with all of the nutrition you need to fight diseases or what ever to maintain your health.

The fact is that much of the food you eat is processed in one way or another. The fabrication and genetic modification processes of food destroy its vital fragile nutrients. The ways in which our food is stored and transported and the chemicals and pesticides added to your food to give it longer shelf life also diminish its nutritional value.

Grains are not sprouted any more. Oils are hydrogenated and refined, and instead of the rich natural minerals of the soil that the body requires, poor mineral are added to the soil where plants grow.

As a result,most of our plants contain little or no minerals. Plants are polluted with pesticides and herbicides and so is our water. These toxic chemicals strip our sustenance of its vital nutrients. Due to that fact, it’s almost impossible to get all the vitamins and minerals our bodies need from the food that we eat.

Now that I have tried my best to altered my dietary habits and optimized my digestion, I were told that I need to complement my body with essential vitamins, minerals and special supplements to boost my immune system capabilities to give body the“force” (energy) it need to properly get rid of toxins, normalize hormonal production and help body heal and rebuild itself from within.

I won’t list out all the supplements like the basic vitamin B, C, E.
But the following are the special one which worth mentioning and have been added to my nutrition regimen. I doesn’t aware of its mega benefits to health until recently, which I believe it really help greatly.

Organic raw apple cider vinegar
I drink this everyday, diluted it in a glass of filtered water and a lemon. 
Make sure to purchase a good quality organic version of raw apple cider vinegar.  It should have a cloudy film at the bottom of the bottle. This is called "the mother" and is loaded with healthy bacteria and other nutrients.
 
Organic, Raw, Unfiltered, with the 'Mother'(Naturally Gluten Free)


Certified Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity. Contains the amazing Mother of Vinegar which occurs naturally as strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules.


What are the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?

  • Rich in enzymes and potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also contains pectin and calcium; it helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
  • Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining healthy pH levels for a healthy alkaline state.
  • Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
  • Support a healthy immune system
  • Helps soothe dry throats
  • Better able to digest food that means you get more nutrients from your food.
  • ACV slows down the digestion of starch which breaks down into sugar and helps to buffer the otherwise sharp rise in blood sugar after a meal
  • Work as detox; help improve bowel irregularity and to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
  • Helps maintain healthy skin, soothes irritated skin and It can help clear up skin conditions and blemishes. Promote youthful, healthy bodies
  • It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
  • Helps body break down fats into a readily usable state rather than storing them
  • Relieves muscle pain from exercise 
  • A few lab studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.

Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic so should always be diluted with water or juice before swallowed

Coconut Oil 

Again I choose organic and raw Coconut oil.
Long list of health benefits, here some of them:
- Protects the EFAs from oxidizing if you mix with them
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels
- Help improve liver function
- Directly fights candida and other blood pollutants and parasites
- improve digestion

I added 3 tablespoons a days to my EFAs
more benefits can be seen here http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

Organic Dandelion
Dandelion root is a popular and effective herbal remedy. It will strengthen the entire body, especially the liver and gallbladder and reduce inflammation and aid in digestion. I drink it in a form of tea everyday 

Another great thing is…now I pass motion everyday, I used to have constipation; only pass motion every few days.I hope I can faster rebuild my body system, put on more weight and looking pink soon and of course much better skin.

Toward the green now..:) 
Skin cleared up very much, can't really see when I wear full makeup and pic always turn out great with great lighting and angle.


Hope I can continue and complete well throughout the whole rebuilding my system program given by the dietician.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Related Posts with Thumbnails

3 Comment(s):

Anonymous kairis said...

Great post, full of infos!! hope yr getting better now!! Take care!!

Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Chen said...

Keep it up u can do it

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Must i really go to a gynae clinic to improve on my food intake dietary? As i am single not married yet, if i walk into gynae clinic will be weird. lol.
I have comedones on my face for many years,which will pop into pimples.I changed many brands of skincare but the root of the problem is not solved. I am very depressed, not sure what happen to me.
My GP actually asked me to do a hormone blood test to see if it's hormone problem.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 1:35:00 PM  

Wanna say something to us on this entry? (Click here)


3 Comments:

Anonymous kairis said...

Great post, full of infos!! hope yr getting better now!! Take care!!

Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Chen said...

Keep it up u can do it

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Must i really go to a gynae clinic to improve on my food intake dietary? As i am single not married yet, if i walk into gynae clinic will be weird. lol.
I have comedones on my face for many years,which will pop into pimples.I changed many brands of skincare but the root of the problem is not solved. I am very depressed, not sure what happen to me.
My GP actually asked me to do a hormone blood test to see if it's hormone problem.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 1:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home